When you feel called to connect with the earth, the first place to start is to channel gratitude her way. Our ancestors knew how to enter into ceremony with the Mother as surely as they knew how to draw breath, but these practices have been nearly lost and surely forgotten. With practices both rooted in tradition and born of our contemporary world, Stacey Couch performs land and house blessings that bring you into a deeper relationship with All That Is. There are small ways all of us can honor the places we live, work and play, but to hold a formal ceremony among family and friends realizes the inner voice that drew you to this place. Stacey often performs these ceremonies for people that feel a strong pull to a new piece of land and new purpose as well as for people who are looking to learn more about the magnetism and power of where they already are.
What a Blessing Ceremony looks like…
- First, Stacey Couch meets with you either in person or by phone to hear the story about your house and property. Her line of inquiry will include the history of the place itself, your experience in choosing and being at that place as well as any intuitions you have about the energy at play there. If it is not possible to visit the place in advance, Stacey will request photos, maps, and/or drawings of the land and house.
- During the interview, you will receive a number of options for rituals to include in the ceremony and you will also receive assistance in focusing in on your intent for the ceremony.
- All of your feedback as well as the feedback from the place will enter into the custom ceremony that Stacey will write for you. She will provide as many materials for the ceremony as she has available and may ask you to provide some materials as well. All of that will be worked out in the weeks prior to the ceremony. In finding inspiration for and writing the ceremony, Stacey will draw from various traditions including but not limited to Feng Shui and Medicine Wheel theory.
- On the day of, or day before, the ceremony, Stacey will walk the land and do a journey for the land. This helps her set the space for the ceremony as well as connect with the Spirit of the Land. This spirit will give insights into the energy and purpose of the land and will be invited to assist with the ceremony. Upon completing the journey, Stacey will set up a sacred altar for use during the ceremony.
- The ceremony itself runs approximately 30 minutes.
For up to 20 guests/participants: $215
For up to 20 guests/participants + a shamanic healing for the land: $290
For 20+ guests/participants: $245
For 20+ guests/participants + a shamanic healing for the land: $320
If you live a great distance from SW Colorado where Stacey is based and would rather not pay to fly her to you, she would be glad to work with you long distance to create a ceremony that you can perform yourself: $150
Travel and lodging to locations more than 60 miles from Pagosa Springs, CO must be reimbursed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for references/details.
About Author, Stacey L. L. Couch
Stacey L. L. Couch is a Spiritual Director who teaches about archetypes and symbolism. Her speciality is working with soul pioneers - those of you who are making it up as you go along the spiritual path. She works with beginner and life-long spiritual seekers. Through working with Stacey, lost seekers find their way home and professional spiritual guides receive mentorship. Stacey empowers people with the ability to explore their purpose and calling. Wisdom found in story, mysticism, and nature provide guidance and healing in her work. She is the author of Gracious Wild: A Shamanic Journey with Hawks. She values mindfulness, wonder, and compassion in her daily spiritual practice. Learn More about Stacey.