The 10th Annual Ute Mountain/Mesa Verde Birding Festival was nice enough to take a chance on me this year by hosting my lecture on “Spirit Birding”. They admitted that it was an out of the ordinary topic for them, so I was delighted to have a nice crowd assemble to put their knowledge of bird identification to a greater purpose. This video of my entire talk is an introduction to a body of work I have been assembling for years. This work not only includes decoding the messages of birds, but also of animals and plants as well. To me, it is absolutely paramount to help the wild ones communicate their teachings. In some ways, I see myself acting as an instructor of a foreign language. It is my pleasure to offer this 45 minute presentation to you to help get you started on the path to relating to the wild ones, to nature, and to all of creation. Thank you for opening your heart and your mind and for reaching out. They are waiting to speak with you. I’m sure of it.
All bird sightings can be messages (i.e. we can find metaphor, symbolism, or meaning in them), but it’s easiest to focus in on the memorable sightings…
- Surprising or startling appearance
- Tough to identify birds
- Rare for the area or rare altogether
- Certain birds for the first time
- Dead or injured
- Fascinating behavior
Determining what the message from a bird is about:
- Earmark the moment you saw the bird(s):
- What were you JUST thinking about?
- Were you wondering something?
- Were you sleep walking and this woke you up?
- What else is happening in your world?
- Allow it to inform larger questions
- What bigger question have you been holding?
- Are you at a crossroads in your life and trying to make a big decision?
- Are you struggling with a certain person or project?